BISCAY

Data of the Town

Areatza

Town

Areatza

Municipality

Areatza / Region: Arratia-Nervion

Province

Biscay

Community

Basque Country - Basque Country

Habt. / Ine 2004

1036

 

Town hall

Direction

Gudarien Enparantza, 1

ZIP code

48143

Phone

946739010

Fax

946317165

Office Tourism

To contact with telf. quoted

Official web

Areatza

Web of Interest

 

E-mail municipality

areatzakoudala.areatza.@bizkaia.org
   

Earlier Villaro. Municipality vizcaino that names officially Areatza from 11 of febreo of 1980. Placed in the area Head office - south of the province, it is covered by the creek of Gorbea, tributary of the Arratia, to whose vale belongs Areatza.

Areatza was founded in 1338 by the Master of Biscay, don Juan Núñez of Lara, in a deserted place to which it baptized with the name of Town of Haro, in homage to the family of his wife, Mrs Maria Díaz of Haro.

1. Convent of Santa Elizabeth
2. Town hall
3. Palace of Gortazar
4. Source of the aska
5. Church of San Bartolome
6. Mudejar house
7. Chapel of Santo Tomás
8. Chapel of the piety
9. Parketxea
10. House of the number 7 of Bekokale
11. Smithy
12. He marries the number 24 of Goikokale
13. Building of the Batzoki
14. Zubizarra

Areatza city center survives largely and it was declared Cultural property with the category of Monumental Set in 1996 (BOPV of June 10).
He answers to the habitual typology of that you populate medieval, with two streets long parallel-Bekokalea and Goikokalea - stretched longitudinally of N. to S. and cut transversely by cantons of Zubizarra and Ilargi.

The urban plot was receiving a few regular, simple apples them you carry to extremes, double the head office. These were splitting into Gothic plots on that the houses of the town were rising.

With regard to the religious art, he emphasizes the church parochial from San Bartolomé. Built in the middle of the XIVth century and extended in the year 1513, it is of ogival style. In the wall S. there is a Gothic front, with the voussoirs of the arch cut away for to adapt a rectangular door, in whose key there are motives ornamental and an inscription of the year or it was a 1344.

In the wall O. there is a front of the transit of the plateresque one to full renaissance. It consists of three bodies: the first one an arch of access of half a point, with each medallions, with the busts of San Pedro and San Pablo, in the skinny ones; to every side a pair of columns that flank the statues of San Pedro and Saint John Evangelist; the second body contains five niches, the second one and fourth with sizes of San Pablo and the Virgin, you empty others; third it forms a pediment, with three niches and relief of the Father Eternal in the eardrum.

The interior of the church was transformed in the year 1870, and this way, to to construct him the vaults, they eliminated the primitive large windows, also, were added two chapels and the presbytery, where there is one reredos of style renaissance, which is reformed. In the attic Christ, the Virgin and Saint John appear; in the third body, her Asunción, to whose sides there are Santa Esther and a relief of San Francisco, and Santa Judith and a Santiago Matamoros. In the 2nd body San Bartolomé. S. Pedro, S. Pablo and reliefs of the life of S. Bartolomé. 1er body is of new invoice. Finally, a double bank with reliefs of Jesus's life.

To the foot there are reliefs, with scenes of the life of Jesus Christ, in two lines. In the first body they appear the Blessed Virgin, San Gabriel, San Rafael, San Jose and San Juan. To the right there are two altars, one with a relief of the Souls of the Purgatory and a head in the part top, with an inscription. Other, realized in the year 1721, has one Painful, a San Sebastian and a Santa Agueda, on top, two Saints Antonios and in way, Magdalen. To the left there are another two altars, in one there is a Jesus Christ of scarce interest; in other appears a modern figure of the Sacred Heart, San Rafael, Tobías and San Roque; and in the high part San Jose. A few big pictures of Christ are interesting in the Cross, Santa Teresa, San Jose and Saint Tomás.

A figure of San Luis Gonzaga is also outstanding, it acts of Higinio Basterra, who is in the presbytery. In the vestry it preserves a picture of the Presentation of the style of the renaissance Italian; and a figure of the Virgin, of Gothic style, which was in the attic of a house next to the church.

Convent of Franciscan. Founded in the year 1620. Some altars of his church are of interest . One in the presbytery, baroque, with Saint Elizabeth, a Christ and two pictures of San Jose and of San Pascual Bailón. There are also baroque the altars of San Antonio of Padua and of San Francisco of Asís. In another altar, of style renaissance, there is an outstanding figure of the Virgin with the Child. Organ of 1626. (Fte. Euskomedia and Town hall)

Nuclei: Areatza, Uparan, Launzain

searching google
Búsqueda personalizada
Menu
You Paginate Friends
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me



Lost Password?

Register now!
To look for