BISCAY

Data of the Town

Larrabetzu

Town

Larrabetzu

Municipality

Larrabetzu / Region: Big Bilbao

Province

Biscay

Community

Basque Country - Basque Country

Habt. / Ine 2004

1647

 

Town hall

Direction

Askatazunaren Enparantza, z/g

ZIP code

48195

Phone

944557027

Fax

944557029

Office Tourism

To contact with telf. quoted

Official web

Larrabetzu

Web of Interest

 

E-mail municipality

larrabetzuko.udala@sarenet.es
   

The Larrabetzu birth is dated in Olmedo in 1376. It was founded by privilege of the infante Don Juan, Master of Biscay, by request of the Good Men of the merindades vizcaínas, like form of protection and defense from the misconducts that the Biggest Relatives were committing.

In his term some important houses settled armeras like those of Adam de Yarza, Sarria, Zugasti and the towers of Basaraz and Goikolexea.

On September 9, 1994, the Reception of culture of the Government Basque declared the historical helmet of Larrabetzu like cultural property, granting him the category of Monumental ‘Conjunto ’.

Although it exists very few papers on this matter, quite seem to indicate that the primitive urban tracing was limiting to current street Santa Maria. Already in the XVIth century children joined suburbs and houses of the part this one of the population. In 1830 one fire destroyed practically the totality of the Town and his reconstruction was realized by means of bosses of neoclassic style.

Only a certain Gothic parcelación differs in some houses and gardens, of elongated and narrow lots

Nuclei: Larrabetzu, Gaztelu, Goikolegea

HISTORICAL HELMET:
By request of the Department of Culture, the Council of Government there is agreed to declare Monumental Set with the Good category Cultural Qualified to the historical Larrabetzu helmet. This way, the above mentioned historical helmet receives the maximum due protection level in the Basque Law of Cultural heritage.

By means of this declaration the protection process is reached of the historical helmet of Larrabetzu started in 1993 for Department of Culture of the Basque Government. As a result of declaration of Monumental Set, the historical Larrabetzu helmet has remained a registered person in the Census of Qualified Cultural Goods. On the other hand, and according to the foreseen in the Law of Cultural heritage, the Department of Culture of the Basque Government will urge to Town hall of Larrabetzu so that municipal town-planning regulation proceeds to the adequacy of to the prescriptions of the diet of protection that decides for the above mentioned Monumental Set; as well as the adequacy takes place, the interventions that should be realized on the area affected by the Delimitation of the Monumental Set will remain subject to the authorization of the competent organs of Statutory delegation of Biscay.

DESCRIPTION OF THE HISTORICAL HELMET OF LARRABETZU

The Larrabetzu town is founded about 1376 with the denomination of New town of Berresonaga, by means of letter authorization there populates for the Master of Biscay, infante D. Juan de Trastámara. The foundation, realized together with those of Errigoitia and Mungia, was promoted essentially for reasons of defensive type in a difficult epoch marked by the edicts struggle, and process of medieval urban development corresponds to the last phase of in Biscay.

The certainty is not had on the original establishment of the town, that according to the primitive denomination of the foundation, could be located in the Berresonaga quarter, although of existing a change of place should have been very early. The nucleus places in one vale fund, on the banks of the river Aretxabalegana, on the ancient one way of Bilbao-Gernika. This place marked his town character road, whose medieval urban tracing remained shaped by one the only rectilinear street along this way recognized by history like “Ruta Juradera ”.

The street parallel to the river develops of compact form in direction North - south, with two transverse cantons towards the river, the parochial church being located to the beginning of the nucleus in his part south.

From middle of the XVIth children began to develop suburbs outside in the ways, as well as a houses course between the orchards of the houses of the town and the river. The suburb more important grew on the way towards Lezama, of what the current denomination of the calle”Errebale gives steadfastness ”. On this one area shapes the only public space of the nucleus –“ Askatasunaren Enparantza ”-concerning which the Consistorial House is located, palace Ikaza, and other buildings of popular character. In this one suburb area locates, also, the so called house Palace considered like the most ancient of the nucleus.

The town, given his character of rural nucleus of dedication fundamentally agricultural, is supported without big changes from the XVIIIth century, epoch of construction of the hereditary elements more excellent than the set: Palace Ikaza or War, building palatial exempt raised according to classical models, and the Church of Santa Maria or of the Asunción, erected in 1777 according to project of Ventura Rodríguez. Very next the baroque palace is located of Angulería built on a construction of the XVIth.

In 1830 a fire devastated the medieval helmet of the town, eliminating practically all the houses of this only street, that were reconstructed according to cánones neoclassicists. In general, it supported the previous parcelación being content a street in which predominant typology is characterized by dividing plant houses rectangular arranged in fund, with two heights and cabin. principal fronts present theirs regular composition of vain in two or three axes, demolished balconies or rasantes with metallic rail, and presence of chairs in the factory.

searching google
Búsqueda personalizada
Menu
You Paginate Friends
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me



Lost Password?

Register now!
To look for